Hi Yogis and Yoginis! I’m Dielle Ciesco, author, artist, and Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with over 20 years experience in movement including various forms of dance (ballet, modern, improvisational); hatha, kundalini, kriya and yin yoga; and somatics. I’m also an experienced meditation, breath and voicework facilitator.
Movement practices, including yoga, can either become a means of entrenching ingrained habits which burrow and hide in the dark recesses of our tissues and thoughts, or they can be a means of liberating ourselves from them. It’s all in HOW we practice. Movement, rightfully approached, can become the means by which we free ourselves of layer upon layer of habit that masquerades as personality or limitation or thought.
I believe that yoga should be practiced with a sense of lightness, curiosity and patience. It isn’t about pushing, pulling and shaping the body to conform (been there; done that!). Rather, it is an ever-unfolding, ongoing practice of relating to and with oursevles that supports us and carries us into natural flow, bringing enjoyment and liberation to the body and mind. For me, that’s what yoga is all about. It’s my privilege to help others to become fascinated with mindful movement and the unique, amazing bodies we each inhabit.
I’ve been blessed to have many excellent teachers to learn from throughout my life, but it would be hard to beat the mastery of my cat, Tigerlily. She teaches me everyday to seek more efficient, integrated movements that honor and respect the body and that help cultivate body/mind resilience.
I offer group and private instruction and various workshops (in English) and on-call services to gites and retreat sites in the Southern Charentes, Northern Dordogne, Southwest Maritime, & Upper West Gironde. I also teache worldwide via Zoom.
- BS Ed from University of New Mexico
- MA from University of New Mexico
- Tibetan Bon Buddhism Ngondro Transmission from Lama Khyimsar Rinpoche
- Lessons in Meditation, Art & Science of Raja Yoga, Discipleship, and Kriya Preparation courses with Ananda
- Kriya Yoga received from Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath
- Mirror Meditation
Shamanism & Sacred Sound
- Initiations into Peruvian, Toltec and Bon Shamanism
- 12 Years ofToltec Studies including 2.5 Years Dreaming
- Tribute to My Lineages
Developed Toning for Peace and Vocal Toning Meditation and Transformational Voicework, writing two books on the topic, The Unknown Mother: A magical Walk with the Goddess of Sound and Your True Voice: Tools to Embrace A Fully Expressed Life.
Energy Work Activations
- Aka Dua Levels 1 & 2
- Reiki Levels 1 & 2
- Open Heart Levels 1 & 2
- Reiki Tummo Levels 1, 2, 2a
- featured improvisational vocalist on the TLC series with Visionary Music
- featured vocalist Bliss of Being with Richard Shulman and the Pure Heart Ensemble